I'm bringing Wedding Wednesday posts back! Woohoo! For more Wedding Wednesdays, click here.
I gave myself two rules while packing for my honeymoon trip:
1. Everything must fit in a single carry-on bag.
2. I can not buy any new items.
While at first the rules were restricting, (why can't I just buy everything new? why I can't I just throw everything in a bag and deal later?) those exact restrictions liberated me from the anxiety of over-packing.
Limiting myself to one bag forced me to only bring the pieces I loved and pieces that effortlessly coordinated with each other — saving me the time from trying to put together outfits every morning.
During the process, I learned that packing smart is less about the folding technique* and more about thoughtfully putting together pieces that will enhance your travel experience. Packing smart is bringing only what you need and love for the unique conditions of your trip. Am I making it too simple? Keep reading to learn how less is more and what I packed for my trip!
*If you are looking for a new folding technique, this video is pretty sweet.
Even though I only had a carry-on worth of clothes during the honeymoon, I had more than I needed and even a couple of just-in-case pieces I never touched. The best part? Each day there was minimal fuss over what to wear and #confidence in the attire for every occasion. So if you're currently a bride-to-be and wedding planning is coming to a crunch, I'm assuming you have minimal mental capacity to pack for your honeymoon trip. No need to fret or fuss! Keep reading to see exactly what I packed for my honeymoon trip and other helpful tips so you can pack smarter.
TIPS FOR PACKING WITH ONLY A SINGLE CARRY-ON:
- DAY-DRESSES & ROMPERS ARE EVERYTHING | When you're going in and out of the water, whether you're on the beach or poolside, it's a pain to constantly change in and out of your clothes (especially if it's jean shorts - I learned the hard way). Day-dresses and rompers are perfect for slipping in and out quickly and comfortably. Plus they dry fast.
- PACK 2 EXTRA BAGS | This tip goes beyond just a honeymoon trip, it's helpful to have a bag of another size for other occasions (additionally they can serve as storage when not in use and keep your suitcase more organized.) For this trip I brought a beach bag and side bag. The beach bag stored my towel, sunscreen, reading material, and sunglasses, always packed and ready to grab. The side bag was for walking around the town and in the airport which held anything that was a bit more valuable and needed to be accessed frequently (like my passport, cash, phone).
- DON'T FORGET A DATE-NIGHT DRESS | You should research your resort beforehand, but often restaurants on-site have dress codes. One restaurant at our resort restricted shorts, flip flops, and t-shirts. Luckily I brought a pair of heels and a versatile dress so make sure you (and your man!) are packed for those fancier occasions.
- STICK TO A SIMILAR COLOR PALETTE | It was super easy to mix-and-match pieces because I intentionally brought items that matched. There will always be situations where you need transitional outfits — like when it's not quite swim time or dinner time, you need something more appropriate but still comfortable. Bringing versatile pieces versus designated outfits will make this more effortless.
WHAT I PACKED FOR MY HONEYMOON:
Don't leave just yet — follow me on social media for more inspiration on living authentically, creatively, and with-purpose! (Please say herro!)