Maybe I shouldn't specify this post for only lazy girls. Let's put a marketing spin it. Shall we call them the busy girls? The time crunchers? The minimalism aficionados?
Meh, I like the lazy girl. Let's own it. #aintnobodygottimeforthat
Awhile ago I wrote a post on how to have your best morning ever, written for those who were not morning-people (like myself). I loved hearing feedback from readers that the post was helpful for them.
What was not included in that post was the importance of breakfast. Mostly because at the time I didn't eat breakfast. That was until the day I discovered oats.
Cue dramatic music.
OATS CHANGED MY LIFE AND I NEVER LOOKED BACK
I'm not going to lie, I was only immediately attracted to oats because of RRAYYME'S beautifuly curated Instagram feed of mouth-watering smoothie bowls and oats. However the more I drooled, the more I knew I had to try it myself. And the real thing did not disappoint. :) Here's why.
- The preparation is so freaking minimal. If you can open a fridge and scoop something into a bowl, you can make oats.
- You don't even need a microwave.
- It keeps you full for an extended part of your day.
- And when your stomach is full, your heart is full. #hearteyeemojis
Some call this "Overnight Oats." I don't - because I don't make this the night before, it's a slight variation to the idea, but ultimately the same thing. For my overnight-oats-virgins out there, keep in mind that this is cold oatmeal, not like how your mom or summer camp used to serve 'em. Cold, raw oatmeal? That may sound sliiightly unappetizing, but it is refreshing and delicious and omg brb while I make some.
HOW TO MAKE "NOT YOUR MAMA'S OATMEAL" AKA "THE LAZY GIRL'S BFAST" AKA "OVERNIGHT OATS"
- Quaker Oats 1-Minute Oatmeal
- Choice of milk (I use vanilla almond milk bc I'm fancy aka slightly lactose intolerant)
- Chocolate Protein Powder
- Chia Seeds
- Toppings of choice: fruit, granola, shaved coconut, chocolate chips, nuts, seeds, etc.
- Pour one cup of oats into a bowl. Make sure the bowl is deep enough for all of your toppings.
- Add a half scoop of protein powder. Mix dry ingredients together.
- Pour in milk a little above the dry ingredients. Feel free to more/less milk depending on how saturated you like your oats.
- Mix the milk with oatmeal.
- Add your toppings.
- Take instagram photo. Just kidding. But if you do, you must tag me @coffeeandhoneycomb so I can see! :)
Here's another very easy tutorial my friend Gold & Marble recently wrote on overnight oats. Click here.
What's your favorite breakfast or oatmeal recipe? share in the comments below! xoxo.
Don't leave just yet — follow me on social media for more inspiration on living authentically, creatively, and with-purpose! (Please say herro!)